The Jordan Restaurant Association (JRA) is a mandatory not–for–profit membership association empowered by Law no (47) in 2002.
JRA represents over (1000) classified members including (restaurants, entertainment cities, coffee shops, fast food, discos, bars, and cabaret of 1-5 stars). It is a member of the Jordan Tourism Board.
The association has an elected Board of Directors consisting of nine members representing the private sector, qualified staff, legal consultants, and an accounting consultant.
Why you will love working with us
We are an association that works intensely and closely with all concerned entities (official and private ) to solve challenges in the restaurant industry’s employment. We are open, and collaborative and want to enhance how restaurant employees interact with and treat their customers.
We at JRA and the Hospitality industry are witnessing remarkable growth in both JRA membership and the number of tourists visiting Jordan. This is why we believe it's essential to provide our visitors with the best experience ever.
Since we are a 100% manpower-dependent sector, we are looking for someone to manage JRA HR, Training, and Development new Unit. you will help us ensure that most of the restaurant staff are properly equipped to give our visitors a unique and memorable experience.
We want you to manage the first tourism jobs platform in Jordan www.siyahajobs.jo, as well as to work for the inclusion of more women and people with disability to work in the sector.
We value working together as a team, and you will be recognized and appreciated for your curiosity, tenacity, and ability to challenge the status quo; approaching problems with an optimistic attitude.
What You Will Do
- Conduct a sector development needs assessment and compose a list of training objectives.
- Create basic job descriptions for all positions for the restaurant sectors to be the baseline for job allocations and training requirements.
- Create and implement effective training plans for JRA members.
- Budget the training accurately. Considering all the costs of training materials, event space renting, and supplies.
- Work closely with JRA members of restaurant managers, supervisors, HR staff, and others involved in employee development.
- Facilitate communication between JRA, and its members as well training provider to ensure that all training events go smoothly.
- Managing the new Job Platform www.siyahajobs.jo through constant contact with JRA members of restaurants as well members of other associations “hotels, tour operators, Antique shops, suppliers ..etc” this includes all the usual face-to-face types of communication plus online interactions: group meetings, individual discussions, and public speaking, to make sure that they all registered and post jobs through the platform.
- Coordinate with all training providers on all training subjects and materials that they offer and post on the siyahajobs platform.
- Support the development and implementation of HR initiatives and systems for JRA and its members of restaurants.
- Provide counseling on policies and procedures related to JRA relations with educational institutions, Donors, and training providers (public and private sector)
- Be actively involved in the recruitment process by small restaurants by preparing job descriptions, and posting ads, on the siyahajobs.
- Assist in performance management processes for members by creating performance criteria.
- Implementing systematic staff development procedures.
- Communicating with restaurant staff about issues affecting their performance.
What Will Make You Successful Here?
- Bachelor's degree in human resources, Business Administration, or a relevant field
- Minimum 5 -7 years of relevant experience in human resources in the hospitality and tourism industry
- Excellent command of the English language written and spoken
- Additional training/certification in HR – is a plus.
- Knowledge of HR functions (payroll & benefits, appraisals recruitment, training & development etc.)
- Excellent negotiation skills
- Result oriented.
- Understanding of labor laws and disciplinary procedures
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills
- Full understanding of HR functions and best practices
- Resourceful and proactive (the ability to come up with a lot of thoughts on a topic)
Ability to work under pressure
Good interpersonal skills